After the machining process was done. I noticed that during the routing process that one of the edges is missing it was probably a misalignment of the piece on the table. I sanded it because it was really sharp. I then stained the piece and left it dry for two days. I then proceeded to add finish to it, I applied 3-4 coats to the top specially on the tight corners and holes but I tried not to make it pool there. I also applied some coats on the sides and bottom just to make it seamless. For the critique I decided to place it on a pedestal so the viewer can see it from every side. I also decided to place a brown cloth under it to help with the contrast due to the pedestal being white. Below are the pictures after the finish was placed.