- Sample Size: Remasteredhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWYqQR-OlZ0 Sample Size was originally created as a final project for an Animation Class. The animation was created under a month due to this time constraint most scenes were rushed and rendered half of the intended resolution (1080p). This plus the noise created in the scenes degraded the resolution to a point were some scenes are not as clear as they should’ve been. When shown to an audience both physically and online I received a lot of feedback specifically regarding the editing and noise. I focused during the remastering process on rendering the scenes at full 1080p and added more details to some scenes. I learned that the cause of this noise was due to how the scene’s lights were setup, I abstained from modifying this as it would’ve added more to the “to-list”. Instead I worked on replacing every material to a PBR material and updated the skybox which in my opinion adds more than to have a plain color sky. I also replaced some models, these include the Human and Earth models to add more realism and continuity. Particle effects were added and deformations to create a more realistic environment. There could have been more done to this short but this acted as a place to experiment and to learn from my early mistakes. I am pleased on how it came out. As this year comes to a close I will be preparing for a new project for next season. I will expand more on the details once Winter comes to a close.
- Sample Size: RemasteredThe animation Sample Size was conceived and created in three weeks or so as a final project for an Animation class. When the Animation was published online I received a lot of feedback regarding the overall quality of the project. In the sense that there was too much noise (“fireflies”) in the picture and blurry scenes due to upscaling. During the class critique I received feedback mostly regarding the timing of some shots as well with the position of the camera. In the Remastered version of this animation I will address these points and will be adding some scenes that I initially visualized but they were cut due to the time that would be needed to create and animate those scenes. The Remastered version will also take use of PBR materials for a more realistic scenery. The Remastered Version will be available Late November. Here is the Original Version: Sample Size on Youtube
- Planet-9xPlanet-9x is my thesis animation as part of my requirement for a BFA in Animation at Umass Amherst. Planet-9x applies the techniques that I have learned in my years in college as well as new ones that I learnt throughout the creation of this animation. Some of the new techniques I learned include using Mocap Data, Satellite Data for landscape creations, and methods to decrease render time for smoke simulations. Planet-9x was screened at the Herter Annex Gallery for their Senior Thesis show and for the Animators’ Collective Festival at the Umass Amherst Campus in May 2018. https://youtu.be/fqMFeqlsZTI
- Thesis Animation: Planet-9x TrailerFor my thesis in Spring 2018 at Umass Amherst I worked the project Planet-9x. Planet-9x explores the achievements of Space Technology and Space Communications. The animation was screened at the Herter Annex Gallery on Campus. Along with the animation four images were presented to set the mood of the short and a handbook to provide more background about the animation. The animation was shown as part of my Thesis Show, below is my Artist Statement for the show: ____________________
Planet-9x is a 4-minute animation that explores space navigation and communication with outer space beings. Along with the animation there is a series of four images. Three of them express the ideas of the animation and help set a mood. These three ideas are: Exploration, Communication, and Innovation. The other image is concept art that helped as inspiration for the creation of Planet-9x. Planet-9x is a 3D animation created in Blender and Maya 3D software. It uses Motion Capture data for the animation of humanoid figures and data from the ASTER-Terra Satellite to generate Earth locations. Three of the images were created specifically for this show to highlight the main ideas of Planet-9x.
The main concept is that communication enables the need for exploration which pushes innovation forward. This sequence is on a loop in this closed system – it feeds into itself. Generating new innovations to then be used again for even newer and better innovations. These innovations come from the innate curiosity within human ambition, however, this is not limited to human beings. Any sentient being, when given the opportunity of innovation, will evolve to find a way to make itself comfortable in its new environment. Like the cells and organism living within us we are opportunistic creatures by nature.
The idea of communication is of equal importance in this animation. Ever since humans developed radio communications in the late 1800’s, we have been emitting our signals into outer space like capillary waves. These run alongside other emissions from stars and galaxies lightyears away. This gibberish of overlapping signals travel lightyears away into foreign places we have not seen yet. In this animation, we explore the possibility of sentient beings responding to our messages through the same medium.
____________________Images Displayed at the Gallery Planet-9x Trailer: https://youtu.be/C5LknQ86IFM More Info after May 5th.
- Everlasting Expansionshttps://youtu.be/31AedOKDX0k Times is constantly moving forward and it does not care what it leaves behind, it aids the creation of the universe, galaxies and their demise. As long as it keeps moving so will the Everlasting Expansions of our Universe. Made in 2017
Tube Transistor Steam Engine Ocean Foam Neutron Boston Progress Personal Computer Model II
- Out for Gas
- Fidget I Space Station
- Channel 3 (S17)https://youtu.be/ttuXdTF7b1Q An abstract sequence of visuals and audio might affect those sensitive with fast flashes of light. Made in 2017
- Dream Space
- Donkey Fly
- Sample Sizehttps://youtu.be/5eif6AF5yrc
Sample Size is a short Animation of a Spaceship taking a sample size of the Earth’s population. Made in 2016
- The Case of the Octahedron
- Downtown Lot
- Healroot Street, Mistic, Mass
- 2D Superimposed Test
Since my transition from 2D to 3D I felt that I had not the skill to use 3D characters. I thought of superimposing 2D characters in a 3D space. I have mostly been inspired by the early cartoon tests of the 1940’s involving the real world and cartoons and the biggest example of the technique the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Made in 2016
- Car Crash Animation Testhttps://youtu.be/_N1XtPg9wNY This Simulation was done with a rigid body system, keyed keyframes and particles to create the effects of the impact. Made in 2016.
- The Other Nighthttps://youtu.be/f7sMjmm3qRo The Other Night is short animation of the dream of a TV viewer past Midnight. His dreams goes through his fears, thoughts and randomness of dreams. This animation uses a lot of previously made animation for other shorts. Made in 2016
- Outskirts of Mistic, MA
- Farm House In The Valley
- The Planet of Ubantu
- The Mistic Project
Right after the creation of my CNC project of the landscape features of Amherst Massachusetts. I wanted to create a fictional Town in the area North of Williamsburg Massachusetts. This Towns name being Mistic the former name Barnstable Mass. I created a paper map of the area and then started to make the town center when I noticed that my original plans didn’t considered geographical gradation of heights making the place look flat. I didn’t took the real world geography into consideration when created the mad so I decided to stop with the project and work on some projects that have some sort gradation in height. Made in 2015
- Rigid Body Simulation and Testhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJvHquzhSw My firsts 3D animation/simulation tests. Made in 2015.
- Try at Photorealism