Sample Size

YouTube Poster

Sample Size is a short Animation of a Spaceship taking a sample size of the Earth’s population. Made in 2016

The Case of the Octahedron

This still is from an animation concentrating in character movement and transmitting emotion without using a face. Also I tried to apply some geographical diversity in the scene. Made in 2016

Downtown Lot

Downtown on a Northampton-like city. With this I was trying out PBR materials and some shader effects. Made in 2016

Healroot Street, Mistic, Mass

After my experience with the CNC project and my tests with the Amherst SNBX Project I decided to create a scene with a slight height inclination of ten feet higher than the rest of the objects. The scene has a slope from the church towards the street where the viewer is located. Made in 2016

2D Superimposed Test

Since my transition from 2D to 3D I felt that I had not the skill to use 3D characters. I thought of superimposing 2D characters in a 3D space. I have mostly been inspired by the early cartoon tests of the 1940’s involving the real world and cartoons and the biggest example of the technique the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Made in 2016

The Other Night

The Other Night is short animation of the dream of a TV viewer past Midnight. His dreams goes through his fears, thoughts and randomness of dreams. This animation uses a lot of previously made animation for other shorts. Made in 2016

Outskirts of Mistic, MA

This was my last work related to the Mistic Project where In this time I applied some hills to make the place more fitting to where it would actually look like along with trees. I might revisit Mistic one day when I can apply so geography to the models. Made in 2016

Final (Part2)

After the machining process was done. I noticed that during the routing process that one of the edges is missing it was probably a misalignment of the piece on the table. I sanded it because it was really sharp. I then stained the piece and left it dry for two days. I then proceeded to add finish to it, I applied 3-4 coats to the top specially on the tight corners and holes but I tried not to make it pool there. I also applied some coats on the sides and bottom just to make it seamless. For the critique I decided to place it on a pedestal so the viewer can see it from every side. I also decided to place a brown cloth under it to help with the contrast due to the pedestal being white. Below are the pictures after the finish was placed.

Final (Part 1)

For the final project that involves a CNC machine I stared first with the idea of an interactive puzzle based off one of my classmates that she in the pass has done work that it welcomes the viewer to participate. I tried designing one and I didn’t liked it  is not really my style.

My roommate is a landscape architecture so I see a lot of elevation plans in my room, I decided to try to create a fictional landscape first with some futuristic ideas. It turned out good but it didn’t felt natural because it was a landscape that I made up. I then went to the USGS and looked up maps of different areas of the country. I decided to do a local area so people could relate more as my last project was a disaster for not able to relate to everyone. I took maps of the Amherst area and placed them as planes in the software. I then stared tracing all the elevation points within the boundary box that I created. I decided to take some liberties; everything goes up I didn’t made areas that go down which is not natural but instead I extrude them out upwards creating some slopes but it was something that was created naturally during the process. I followed a scale according to the height of the hills on the map. The maximum height on the map is 450 feet while the lowest is 100 feet. So every 50 feet is a grid point making the height of the point go according to the real world (technically only in the z axis) but also making it small as the maximum height doesn’t surpass 1 inch. I also was planning to make buildings but they would be so small that recreating them in the CNC machine could be difficult next to impossible because of the scale and how close most of them (like houses) the drill would probably destroy each one while creating the next one. Below are images of the project in the software Rhino.